Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Laughter and Tears


I just recently got called to be in the Stake YW Presidency. I was and still am a little weary about the calling.. still trying to figure out what I am suppose to do..to be honest I feel a little inadequate next to these ladies. I was lucky enough to be put in right before camp. I had gone to camp as a girl and once as a leader a few years ago but this was completely different. It was such a wonderful experience..full of laughter and tears..both sides of the spectrum. I enjoyed the leaders I worked with so much and admired the relationships they have with each other and the girls. I felt like I was just following them around for a week and they were great about it.
I think our Young Women today are so great. They are so much more ahead of the game then I was at their age. I so enjoyed the testimonies they gave.. they are already so strong and know what is right. I learned a lot that week from them. We also had great fun..some good pranks and good skits.
The week also gave me time to remember what is important in our lives. So much of our time is spent with 'stuff' .. 'stuff' that we don't need to worry about or spend our time on. I feel exhausted and renewed at the same time. Thanks to all that made that week great for all!!!!

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Ahhhhh, camp is a good place isn't it Janet? I'm excited for your new opportunities.