Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Day to Remember

I really love Memorial Day... it reminds me that warm weather is here and I can finally get everything planted.. it reminds me that school is almost out and no more getting up early!!! ( I am not a morning person) ... but most of all it reminds me of people that have passed on.


I thought a lot of my father and of Ken's father. We watched "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" which was a favorite of both of our dad's. The kids thought it was pretty funny. I thought of Ken's grandpa .. which was a grandpa to me too!!


I enjoyed time off with Ken.. first time in many years he hasn't had to work in the E.R. Went to see a good movie with my kids and their friends. Watched my favorite Clarinet player in the Springfest Parade and had a fun birthday bbque with family.


I also got to enjoy a yummy breakfast with some close friends.. talking about life and remembering a dear friend. Her headstone was finally placed at the cemetary and it really reflects her personality. I still miss her each day...I am happy to be close with her daughter..she reminds me so much of her.


I was so happy for a weekend to enjoy all my blessings and remember some special people. I hope you all had a great weekend too!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

What a great post Janet. I'm glad you had a great Memorial day!