Saturday, June 28, 2008

Do they appreciate what we go through...NOOOO

For the last week or more myself and several other leaders in our local boy scout troop have been preparing for summer camp. This summer camp is ~ 1 week long and requires a bit of putting stuff together: organizing travel, getting permits, splitting wood, obtaining supplies, and scheduling merit badge times. I personally spent 1 day alone scheduling and working out times so the boys would have things to do and badges to obtain.....all I got was grief, "I don't want to do that, I don't like this boy, or can't I do something else, why do I have to do that!!!!!".....AAAAARG. Can someone tell me why we (parents/leaders) go through this kind of torture, Why? Hopefully this will all work out when we arrive and the boys see that they are having more fun than they thought they would....I know that this is usally the case....Monday.....Saturday will tell.

No comments: