Monday, October 20, 2008

Change in address often = change in attitude

Today I was walking down the hall at work, smiling like I usually thought I did....when the D.O.N. stopped me in the hall and noted how happy I seemed to be...I questioned him re. this statement and he explained that I seemed to be much happier, I was smiling more lately than he had seen me do in the past. I told him thank you and said that I was feeling quite content this day! Afterwards I was reflecting on the interaction and realized that I have been feeling much more, how shall I say this....HAPPY about going to work than I had in a long time. You see I had been in the ER for ~6.5 years, I really enjoyed the excitement when I first went to the ER, but as time passed I had become somewhat burned out, my attude was not what or where it should have been. I needed a change....I changed addresses....I moved down the hall to surgery. Do not get me wrong...the grass is not greener on the other side, just a different shade....the difference is me. I have been given the oppertunity to change. One of my co-workers told me several weeks ago after I asked him how the day was going to go, "the day is what you make it out to be", how true he was....Every now and then we all need a reset....I took mine and am quite happy with the results.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Ken, you should post more often! I love the analogies!