Wednesday, October 29, 2008

To be young again




I am new to this blog thing.. I am trying this out thru some pushing by some friends and my hubby. So be patient. (sometimes I ramble!!!)

I lost a dear friend of mine in August and now I am blessed to watch her 4 yr old.. Ty .. on a daily basis. It has been fun to have a small kid around.. my youngest being 10 already. Ty seems to be okay with spending the day with me but LOVES it when the boys get home from school.... especially Bryce. Bryce is awesome with Ty and plays with him well.
The other day.. Bryce was hiding in our dark washroom/storage room behind a curtain. Tanner had Ty convinced there was a ghost in the room. All the lights were out and we were armed with our flashlites. We got the 'ghost' to makes some sounds but finally went to investigate. Of course as soon as we walked back there...and Ty was next to the curtain... Bryce jumped out and scared us all. Ty was a shocked for a few seconds.. I was a little worried he was going to cry.. but then just started laughing!!! He loved it!!

It was so much fun... but what was so great about it was the fact that he immediately wanted to play the game again. He wanted to be scared and laugh again. Now, to an older kid or adult..we know that we couldn't be scared like that again but not to Ty. He was convinced that it would still be fun. Wouldn't it be great to still enjoy things to the 'fullest' every time they happened... even if we knew the outcome? After 3 boys and 20 years of marriage.... sometimes I feel myself getting lax on things that happen even taking them for granted... like the milestones in each child's life or the constant acts of kindness from my husband. It takes effort to make sure EVERYTHING is important..even if it is not the first time. So I am trying to make sure the little things, the everyday things we do time and time again, are still important and fun !!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love your insight it is so true. I can see Ty wanting to do it again. Thank you for bringing a smile to me face. I hope that you are well. Your Christmas trip sounded like so much fun. I wish you the very best this year. Christina Curry ( Cynthia's Sister)