Thursday, February 19, 2009

Parker..driver,rocker,fly guy and more!!!

I have been wanting to write this blog for awhile...I don't always want to be that blogger that talks only of their kids.. but every once and awhile I am forced to because they are so GREAT. Today this is about my oldest Parker. He has had some great accomplishments in the last few months!! He recently turned 16.. making me feel way too old. Just finished drivers ed and will get his license very soon. He is a excellent guitarist.. a new hobby he picked up from his dad. He is part of our high school swim team....this year swimming the butterfly.. or as the swimmer's call it.. the FLY. He made districts which was a few weeks ago. I was really proud of him. All the boys on the team dye their hair blonde.. which really turns out yellow. I think it looks like straw.. and feels like it too!! He also agreed to cut his hair short.. something I have fought with him for years to do. Of course it took a little bribery from his dad and a new guitar but he did it. He has even decided he likes it short!! Go figure.. see we parents always know whats best don't we?? He is a good student.. I never have to bug him about grades. And today he got his braces off!! no more ortho appointments!! He looks so handsome. He is a great son..always had a stubborn streak but as long as he is stubborn about the right things I guess its okay. Love ya Parker!! (Parker said this looks like his mug shot!!)







1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I agree! He's a great kid.